dog days...

I know...I know...what happened to "life in quotes?" ... It will be back. I just have not had a chance to get out and about and take pictures. To say it has been hot is a serious understatement. When we walk out the door we are hit in the face with a blast of hot air... sticky hot air. Nonetheless, we have been trying to keep entertained. Yesterday we took the kids and one of CJ's friends to the mall, (my least favorite place.) We snacked on mall food, sneezed as we passed by all the perfume, cologne, body sprays and candles drifting from the stores, stared at the Emo kids and generally had a good time people watching. We've gone to an art walk, chauffeured the teen around, I have swam laps and done Pilates. 
When we are not doing all of that we are laying around eating fudgesicles and being entertained by the pollywog. She is such a card. She is always cracking us up. She loves to make us laugh and boy has she been talking. This has got to be one of my favorite ages. I cannot believe she will be 2 in 4 1/2 months. I haven't been painting much. I have three done, and 5 more to go. They are all designed so I should be able to knock them out fairly quick...I just haven't felt like painting lately. The next few weeks are going to be busy. I have CJ's school year outlined, so now we just have to order items and make more detailed lesson plans. I am really excited about this year. Through a lot of research we have put together a great body of work perfectly suited for him. Also, he will start guitar lessons, art classes, soccer and swimming. He enjoys being busy, so we just have to keep up with him. I also have put together some wonderful educational projects for Pollywog. She craves learning. When we give her a task or teach her something she gets so excited. She loves to point to all her body parts (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, knees, feet, etc), and make the sounds of animals.