quiet moments

I haven't felt like writing much. There has been a change of pace here, with summer slowly coming to an end. I even feel Fall's anxious tendrils, twisting it's way through the heat. The cool air has felt so nice blowing through the windows. I am ready and willing for Autumn. CJ has spent almost every waking minute riding his bike, staying up late, hanging out with buddies, playing ball and staying sweaty. With the kinder temps, pollywog has been out more during the day- splashing in water, drawing on the driveway and pointing at flying birdies. I have decorated CJ's bathroom and finished the school room. I will post pictures tomorrow. We will be ordering textbooks and registering for music, sports and art classes next week. We also took CJ to look at guitars. I think we have picked out the one that will be making music in our home soon! Aside from the "daily's" I have felt melancholy this week. Sometimes I just miss my father so much I can hardly even think about it. Especially with the Olympics and recent political news. My father loved watching the Olympics and loved watching the News. Most days we chatted about the going on's around the world. He loved to join in with the "talking heads" and tell them just how stupid they were. :() Everyday something reminds me of him...especially myself. I catch myself saying things my dad would, or just saying what he would in each moment because the silence is too deep. In these moments of sadness, I pour myself into my paintings, stare at photos of my daddy, or quietly watch my children in their quiet moments. This brings me comfort. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor 12.9-10)