whistle while you work...

I have been doing a lot of that ...well, mostly in the way of singing, and occasionally dancing- but all while working. There has been much to do now that are lazy summer days are coming to a close and we will all be running here and there, and on a schedule. The, "I will get to that later", won't be as easy, so being organized and not swimming in clutter is key. Friday, we cleaned house (as we always do). I continued to throw away items that we haven't used- and that includes several pairs of jeans- you know the ones that you will fit into as soon as you are at that perfect weight again... or the ones that should come back into style but it won't be happening anytime soon... As I went around the house, I bagged up quite a bit. I think the process will be ongoing. Each time I clean house I feel less attached to another item and toss it. These days I just like simple, minimal rooms...although with the books, pictures and wall art, it sometimes still feels cluttered. I also organized the linen closet, and the laundry room. We declared Saturday Yard Day! Well, I mean we didn't like make a banner or anything, but I did write it on the fridge. ( I know, I'm a dork) B and CJ mowed the yard, trimmed the hedges, cut the dead, enormous sunflowers down (that B is drying out for seeds) and pulled weeds. I planted mums, and installed decorative fencing around the mums and hedges. Then CJ and I took everything out of the garage, swept and mopped it and I put everything back in, minus two bags of things that got tossed. I am embarrassed to say that I even caught myself vacuuming the garage and driveway. There was some broken glass that needed to be sucked up- before I knew it I was feeling so excited watching all this dirt disappear. I kept going and going, till finally I realized I was vacuuming my driveway, hello, McFly????- I looked up to make sure no neighbors were snickering at me and told myself to put down the vacuum. All in all, the garage was a huge job! I am sunburned, and tired...but it's that good tired when you feel accomplished. The garage is so clean and neat, and pollywog even has a toy area. To bask in our "job well done" we all relaxed outside this evening- sipped tea- watched the kids and pollywog danced and danced her little heart out, to the bluegrass on the radio~ whats left to do: - CJ school clothes shopping - make lesson plans - CJ martial arts class - dining table varnish - go through pollwog's clothes and sell - spinning class - guitar purchase Pollywogs new kicks...her big brother picked them out whew...I am so ready for vacation... just a few days away...but for now, I am going to prop up my barking dogs, have a cold Grolsh, and relax..............................................