I'm back...and it's snowing!

I took a bit of a break. No reason really, I just didn't feel like writing. Lately, I have been inward, so I haven't been in a place where I have felt like sharing. It's been nice having this season of reflection. Thinking about my place in life, goals for the person I am always striving to be, new directions in parenting as my children grow and enter their own new stages in life...and taking the time to admire my husband and the man he has become. It's nice to be able to take a step back and look at your life and the people in it. I feel truly blessed and ready for some changes. Nothing dramatic, just getting motivated to accomplish some goals that have been tucked away on the shelf. We had a quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving holiday. I am not too big on this holiday, but we try and make special traditions. CJ accompanied his grandma this year, to her families' home. We really missed him, but knew that this would probably be our last Thanksgiving living so close to my mom so we were happy for him to get to go. Me, B and pollywog went on an awesome day hike. The sun was shining and the weather was sweet! Then we ate a yummy, vegetarian meal...and took a nap...(just to keep with tradition) This morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow on the ground. This winter has so many wonderful moments in store. This will be the first winter that pollywog will really be excited about Christmas, sledding, making snowmen...Her innocent joys quickly spread to all of us and we are given the gift of new eyes to look at this beautiful earth. Our camera has officially gone capoot...so until then my pics will be from my phone, sorry. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Here are some goals that I am dusting off: - get back to clearing out the house- Everytime I go into my closet, or look around the house I see clothes, and junk that are never touched...it's time to clear that out! - get back on my raw journey (I do plan to share more about this. It's something that I have been researching obsessively and playing around with) - reasearch my fitness certification...I am finally pursuing something I have wanted to for so long. Becoming a certified personal trainer. As well as being certified, I plan to specialize in fitness helping folks with chronic illness (diabetis, fibromaylagia, etc...),obesity, and those who have specific diets such as vegetarians, vegans, raw foodist, etc. I am really excited to begin this journey! - I am still working on CJ's afghan...my first one! - and some fun stuff we will be doing with school this month! Making a bird sanctuary, making a cold box to grow greens (a bit late on this, but should be fun), and CJ has really been interested in baking (he loves the show Ace of Cakes), so he want's to design some cakes. It will be fun to play in the warm kitchen! I can't wait to see what wonderful things he comes up with! - oh, and I will be getting back to my Moments of Gratitude! Thats all for now!