yesterday

I am playing catch up today on my posting. We have been so busy that I just haven't had a chance to sit and write...today the forecast is busy as well. The weekend was nice. To sum it up in words: corn mazes, glowing pumpkins, trick-or-treaters, Falafel night, a favorite old movie "Where the Boys Are" that my husband generously watched with me, house-work, Minestrone soup, lesson plans, and gorgeous weather. Yesterday was a wonderfully typical day. Thankfully I had completed all the housework over the weekend so that Monday I could spend the day enjoying the children (and getting a jump on the mountain of laundry...ugh). So here is yesterday- in words and pictures: block towers ready to knock down singing songs (lately she loves to sing- her favorite songs at the moment are, "Where is Thumbkin", "Twinkle Twinkle", and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". It is so adorable listening to her sing and make the actions) while pollywog napped, CJ and I listened to the Beatles and worked on the Huckleberry Finn diorama bubbie let her play with his legos (thank you bubbie) plus: fig newtons, crocheting pollywog's first scarf, Martial Arts, and pizza...yep, that about sums it up. Oh, and going to bed with a warm heart and a content smile on my face. Nothing exciting, but so wonderful just the same. There is something so special about the simplicity :)