Lemonade-get it here, warm and sugary...


Today started off slowly. We all slept in till 10 am, this NEVER happens. CJ was bummed we had missed church but pollywog is obviously needing sleep to get her over this cold.
After breakfast CJ went off with his neighborhood friends, and pollywog and I stuck around the house being grumpy together. She has been a big time snuggle bunny as of late. I love it, but with the sunburn I'm sporting, it can be a bit painful. She really is such a sweet baby. Always giving me kisses, rubbing my hair and hugging. She has also been enjoying trying out her new words (some old)...she regularly takes attendance of the living room, "bubbie, dada, mama", and when she sees dirt or a bug, she says, "eeeewww" super cute face to accompany. She asks for "wawa" (water) and says, "mmmoorr" (more). (and makes doggy and kitty sounds)The afternoon was full of buzz. CJ and his two pals decided to ride their bikes to the dollar store and purchase items for lemonade, to set up a stand in the driveway. (CJ loves to sell lemonade, and is good at it, as I will explain later)- Pollywog and I watch them outside the window and see that our neighbors (a colorful and entertaining bunch) are, gettin' em some lemonade. Their child, (we'll call Sandy) is in the driveway in a diaper downing lemonade and the parents buy 3 cups for $4 (score) I see the boys do a happy dance. These are the same neighbors who my I hear often ask their little son, "Saaaandee, do you wanna spankin'?", I always whisper, "why, yes pa, I do."
Later another woman from the house (I don't know how many people live there) asks to buy a gallon on lemonade (maybe for a chaser later...?) they pour some in empty 2 liters and she pays $6. In total they made $15 in 20 minutes all from the neighbors.
rewind now to almost 2 summers ago....
CJ and his best friend (since age 2) decide to set up a lemonade stand at grandma's house. I am only half paying attention but later go to check out the scene. They have a wonderful lemonade sign and are yelling, "lemonade, lemonade, get it here"- people are coming up in droves (well not droves, but a lot) to drink their lemonade. Only thing is, they couldn't find lemonade mix so they used jello powder and water. They also didn't have disposable cups so they had gathered grandma's plastic cups. That meant that people were having to sit in the driveway to down their "drink" and then hand the cup back. People were actually doing this. One car of "gangsters" drove up in their hooptie with bass thumping, and sat in their car, quickly drinking down the mix. I could not believe my eyes. To top it off, they were not washing the cups in between, so I became the dishwasher. They sold their concoction, closed up shop and spent their moola at the garage sale down the street.
My son, the business man...