these are a few of my favorite things (when nursing a sore mouth from dental work)

When I'm groggy from pain meds., when my mouth is sore and swollen, when my food intake is of the liquid kind, when I have to lay in bed... I enjoy:

1) Netflix Watch Instantly
If you've watched all the ones that have come in through the mail and you're stuck in bed...this is a great feature. Ones I have enjoyed while on this "break" :
Without the King
To Market To Market To Buy a Fat Pig
Max Ernst

2) Milkshakes

The "Island Diet" has now turned into the "Liquid -my gums have stitches- Diet" ---my love for milkshakes has been renewed. Right now I am enjoying a creamy, delicious strawberry one. Yesterday I had a chocolate one (okay, two, but whose counting?) Recovery and shakes just go hand and hand.








3) Getting outside in the sun after being in bed all day.













Pollywog loves to pick the readied foods from the garden...she carefully plucks them, then smells each one. Today she picked an heirloom cherry tomato, two larger heirlooms and some basil. It felt so good to be outside in the sun.

4) quiet daydreams
Spending so much time alone lying in bed, is the perfect recipe for daydreaming (one of my ALL time favorite ways to pass the time)
All my best ideas come to me when I'm dreaming.
I had many exciting ones that I will share at a later time.
They mostly consisted of a house near the ocean, ideas for new paintings, and homeschooling plans. mmm daydreaming...





Tomorrow it's time to get back into the groove of things.
There is some mountain climbing in the laundry room to tackle, a crumb city on the kitchen floor to visit, then destroy, children to play with.