The wrap up

It has been a busy week and I haven't really had a chance to write much...
Ya'all left such nice comments about my Color Week. I really appreciate it!
It wasn't the easiest to get pictures b/c our camera is on the outs but rigged and working :). Someday I hope to get a nice camera! but this one will do for now. (did I mention no view finder= just point, cross fingers, and shoot)
The best part of doing the color week (which is the best part of photography to me) was finding beauty in the mundane. I highly reccommed it.
Okay, enough blabbing... lets see...4th of July has come and gone. It was a blur of noise, heat, food and more noise. Our neighborhood was lit up and apparently no one has gotten the memo that the 4th is now over.
This week pollywog went to her first story hour at the library. It was so much fun. I was impressed with how well she interacted with the children. She is so social and loves to pet kids. They don't always like that though. go figure...
CJ has been busy (as usual) playing outside. He comes in to eat and well, that's about it. Did I mention he ate a box of cereal in two days...
Here are some highlights from the week...
yes, that is what you think, on her head. She was helping mommy and apparently found a fun hat to wear too.

My budding artists!
You can often find CJ drawing cartoons or cars at his desk for hours... He really is talented...












































and pollywog...who loves to color and paint

the paper (walls, carpet, dolls, books)...
herself...
and me...

I also was at it again with the popsicles. This time I made Kefir, Cherry and Banana pops (they were bomb diggity) and mint, blueberry, cherry pops (haven't tried yet, but they should be good) This week I am making carrot,spinach, apple pops (juicing them then freezing)- they might not sound good, but they are refreshing and sweet and the kids get lots of veggies and fruits- you know to grow big and strong- Everyone is enjoying them and the kids don't even know how good they are for them...hehehehehehehe (evil mom laugh)
On a "green note" (or what I call simple, practical, living) ,this week we sold our second vehicle. We decided we only need one, especially with the price of gas. We figure one of us can always bike. B uses the kid trailer with his bike to go to the grocery store or to the recycling center, coffee shop, etc.
We also perused our local Farmers market and got some goods and took the kids to the recycling center to help (we had a big load this time) and also...

...this I am so excited about...(doesn't take much to excite me apparently)...
I have been wanting a clothes line, but with renting and all we had to get creative.
The line comes unhooked when not in use. Pollywog really likes to help mommy with this chore.










Now we are just waiting for our lovely container garden to give us yummy treats. Once the tomatoes are ready we have plans to make and can salsa...recipes people, I need them!

This coming week is going to be full...of fun! CJ starts his karate and pottery classes... and I, don't laugh, start my hip hop dance class. (hey, I heard that) I am super excited about this. I love to dance and it will be a good workout. Also, pollywog goes to story hour again, CJ has youth group and an upcoming float trip, and hopefully we can sneak in some good food and swimming. We are also starting up (again), our green smoothies once a day.
No goals for the week...just lots of things to check off and long summer days to enjoy!

Blessed and humbled daily by life's graces.

I'll leave you with one more picture- just because-well...I want to share the joy...
can't you just smell the freshness....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
see ya Monday!